How Funeral Plans Work
How it Works
We compare funeral plans and providers offering you free advice to help you get the best plan that meets your needs at a discounted price. Quite simply we get paid a commission for every plan we sell which we are happy to share with you.
What Does a Funeral Plan Do ?
Our ‘Benefits’ section explains how a prepaid funeral plan can help you and your family. By arranging and fixing your funeral costs today highlights the impact inflation will have on future funeral costs versus savings and read our frequently asked questions to fully understand how the plans work
What Do I Get With A Funeral Plan ?
Most plan providers offer 3 levels of service which are explained in our ‘Types of Plan’ section.
- The main differences being the quality of the coffin and
- whether a Limousine is included for family and friends (all plans come with a Hearse).
You should also consider whether you are happy with a plan that includes an allowance for third party costs (disbursements which includes cremation or burial fees and the minister’s and doctor’s charges) or one that is ‘fully guaranteed’ with nothing more to pay – we will be happy to explain this to you in more detail.
- Typically you pay more for the fully guaranteed option so you may want to consider your budget before making your final decision.
- You also have the opportunity to personalise your funeral and make any special requests, either when you apply or at a later date, such as; hymns, music, dress code, wake or party, religious or non-religious service etc.
How Much Does a Funeral Plan Costs ?
Our ‘compare prices’ section includes a comparison table that highlights plan prices with the UK’s leading plan providers, so you can see at a glance how they compare.
Our ‘best discounted price’ is the lowest price we can offer one of our provider’s plans for. It’s the same plan as the one available directly from the plan provider – only for less money. You may prefer a “fully guaranteed” plan, which will cost a little more, but in addition to guaranteeing your funeral directors costs at today’s prices it will also guarantee your cremation, doctors & ministers fees (3rd party costs).
We recommend members of the Funeral Planning Authority (FPA) and The National Federation of Funeral Directors
What's Your Budget ?
Our “Ways to Pay” section shows the payment options available to you;
- Single Payment
- to spreading your costs with instalment options between 1 and 20 years.
If you have a budget in mind, let us know so we can talk through the various options available to you. Hopefully there will be a plan and payment option that meets your budget.